Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Maine Trip 2021

Amos and I finally found some time to take a break from all the hustle and bustle of work and city life and headed to my parents vacation house in Maine, our first time. They purchased the house back in 2019, it needed a lot of love and care, and they have worked so hard to transform it and make it a beautiful escape for all of their loved ones. They are in a remote location which makes it ideal if you are looking to escape to the great outdoors and hear and see all of mother nature. The property is approximately 2 acres with beach front access. They are pretty lucky because it is rare to find sandy coastline in Maine and my parents happen to have quite a bit of sand along their portion of coastline. We went down to the beach frequently with the dogs to explore and run around looking for crabs, shells, and keeping an eye out for the seals. There are seals and you hear them early in the morning, they are loud, and howl like wolves, so cool. We ate, drank, relaxed, hung around the fire ring, Harrison played in the dirt for hours upon hours, and it was amazing being around family. Amos and I did take a few days to explore Portland and Acadia National Park, I will save those for future post, but below are some pictures of our time at my parents and how beautiful and relaxing it all was.  I can't wait to go back and I hope I can spend half the summers there and explore more and make amazing memories with my family.

My parents backyard looking out on the water, the fire pit my dad made


The beach at the bottom of the hill at my parents


The water was so clear and cold!

Beautiful moss everywhere 




My parents have a huge apple tree in their yard

Usually it is foggy like this picture, but we lucked out and had beautiful sunny weather majority of the time

This hydrangea tree was so beautiful my dad planted, they have a few of them, I want my dad to bring some back so I can grow them

My mom made apple pie from scratch using the apples from their tree, wild flowers in their fields


Harrison playing in the front flower beds and one of my parents dog's who followed him everywhere

Harrison getting to ride on the big lawn mower

Harrison's dirt pile that he played with for hours every day

Harrison always picks wild flowers for me and it is the sweetness thing ever, he knows my love for flowers!


As always you can see more on my instagram or hashtag #ashleyryantravels



No comments:

Post a Comment