Monday, September 23, 2013

Pinspiration!!!

This weekend I was very busy with to-do projects for the loft so I thought I would share a few of them.
I bought these really pretty prints and I wanted to design a new color palette and style around them for my living room. I have never been a big pink girl, but I just loved these colors. I started to pull items I already have in my living room and mixing them with accents and came up with a mood board like below.



So the final product ended up looking something like this.....




 It was very hard to find a "white gold" like frame like in the pictures...well at least in Texas without it being a chrome-gold. So I ended up buying frames in silver half off at Hobby Lobby and buying a metallic gold spray paint and spray painting the frames to match the mood board. 

The deer head didn't fit with the prints so I put it in the entry hallway with some nice accents (some were gifts from my parents from their recent travels aboard). I also saw really cute black outlined animals on plaques on the potterybarn website, so I decided to make mine own by spray painting oval wood pieces (from Hobby Lobby) in the same gold spray paint I did the frames in and painted my own. I still haven't decided what other animal I want to do, so therefore one is still just gold. :)


Finally I love the look of displaying jewelry in frames, plus it is completely functional. So I bought some already made frames from Hobby Lobby and some canvas and started to organized. I was inspired by a blog to organize the clutches and bangles using clear acrylic pieces from The Container Store. So with a little rearranging of accents in the bathroom the final products looked something like this. 







Hope you enjoyed and get inspired!



2 comments:

  1. Man, you have SUCH an eye for this -- I love how your jewelry is displayed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was super easy and fun. Hope you have a lovely day. :)

      Delete