Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Life Lately & Real Talk...

Below are a few updated pictures of some of the rooms in our house that were taken after rearranging some of our furniture to make room for Baby P. I don't know if y'all remember the post I did about all the house projects I had for 2016. While I admitted it was a pretty intense list; I don't think we will be able to tackle all of the items with a baby on the way. I have done a few of the small items, for example: 
  • paint the middle guest bedroom walls white
  • organize and declutter the two guest closets
  • organize the pantry 
  • I am in the process of getting a quote for the kitchen phase 2 remodel 
  • I have a quote on adding trim work in the dining room and master bedroom with a new paint of coat 
While the kitchen redo is still at the top of the list and if all works out well and in our timeframe it might get accomplished this year. The trim details and utility room will most likely not get done this year. This doesn't discourage me it actually makes me sit back and think of where I see Amos and myself in the next 3-5 years and if all of these changes are necessary for our home.

We have already been in our house 2-1/2 years and accomplished a lot and love our house and area, but with a baby on the way we don't really know about the schools in our area or if this is our "forever" house. If our family continues to grow we will surely outgrow our current home. This gets me daydreaming and contemplating of other areas and houses that I think would be right for us in the future.


I think ideally the thought processes is in the next 3-5 years Amos and I look into building our dream house (or close to) on a piece of property. Where this property will be I have no idea, most likely not in our beloved loop in Houston, but a place where it will be our forever house and great for raising our family with good schools. We would have to sell our house in order to build, but we could stay in Amos's rental property assuming it was not rented out in that time when we were looking to build. I have always wanted to build and have dreamed and pinned so many house plans/designs for as long as I can remember. 

With these plans possibly in our near future this makes me think how far do I want to go on the plans I have for our current house. So going back to the project list for 2016 I believe the kitchen still is a must and will add so much value and functionality to the home while we are living there and if we plan to sell in the future. While these are all only thoughts I'm thinking and sharing out loud I'm curious to see how things will turn out for Amos and I. Will we stay here at our current house for a long time, will we build, so many questions and so many unknowns. I'm curious to know y'alls thoughts and how parents make these tough decisions when it comes to raising a family. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts with y'all and I hope I haven't rambled on too long. Enjoy some of our updated pictures around the house.



To see the hallway color used see the hallway makeover post here



Signature photo Signiture_zps5dfab27f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment