Monday, November 25, 2013

Closet Redo - Part 2

So I know it has been a while since I posted a sneak peak of the closet redo, but I thought I would share some of the after pics and the color choices.   I do not have any experience with wallpaper, buying or installing. So I felt a little overwhelmed with the wallpaper process. First of all let me just say wallpaper is not cheap. I was a little bumped out when I was initially searching for ideas and patterns when every pattern I really feel in love with ranged in prices from 100-200 dollars a roll, which one roll covers ~60 square feet. Well I searched and searched and finally I bought this white texture wallpaper found here, which was only 24 dollars a roll. I liked the idea that I could paint it or leave it just white. My usually style is very neutral and calm colors so I thought I would be bold and paint it a darker color. Well like doing most things for the first time there are mistakes and lessons learned, for instance I did not order enough rolls to cover the closet. With a pattern wallpaper, like I ordered, it required more cuts when you have to line up each section, therefore more cuts means more rolls required. So I order another two rolls and ended up having some to spare. As far as the actual installation part, we had a family member with experience come in and work his magic. Needless to say I am so happy with the way it turned out. 








Hope y'all have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment