Monday, August 11, 2014

Travel Photo Wall


Hey guys, I thought I would share a little information on the travel wall I did in the loft with Amos. I am excited to say that if you type in "travel photo wall" on Pinterest mine pops up as one of the top pictures pinned or at least one of the top ideas for one. I get a lot of questions regarding where I got the watercolor world map. I got it on a day sale on a website called www.fab.com.  If you do a google search of watercolor maps, a lot of different websites pop up as well, www.etsy.com is a top site that has them. Majority of the black frames I bought in bulk from ikea, they were super cheap and they already had the thin matting with it. I hope this helps y'all out. 






6 comments:

  1. Hi there! This is probably random since you posted your travel wall post over a year ago but I too am doing a wall collage and am drawing inspiration from yours. What's funny is that I'm looking at ikea for frames before I realized that was where you got yours. I'm having issues figuring out what frames to use. I'm using 4x6 and a few 5x7. The frames I'm looking at say 4x6 without the mat which is confusing me. Lol. I want the mat. Which frames did you use and what size pics did you use? Thanks so much for your help! Mindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the 4 x 6 frames, from IKEA, and 4 x 6 photos. So a tad bit of the photo is covered up by the mat. The larger frames were not purchased from IKEA, and I had purchased the mats separately at an art store on sale years ago. The mats I purchased were for 4 x 6 photos. I hope this helps and thanks for stopping by!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I was also referencing this post because I want to do this as well - where did you get the world map? This is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the map from www.fab.com, but I don't believe they have them anymore. Etsy is a great place to find them as well.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ashley! I'm wondering what the dimensions are of your watercolor map? I'm wanting to do something similar and trying to figure out the size I want for the map so I can work my way out from there. Thank you! Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is a standard 16x20 inch frame if I remember correctly. Hope this helps! :)

      Delete