Monday, September 28, 2015

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree Updates...The Trend Lives On!

Hey y'all, awhile ago I did a post about purchasing a Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree and I thought I would give an update on the growth process and some background notes and thoughts of this wonderful and beautiful green indoor plant. 

I remember reading an article a few months ago how this trend was dying and going to be replaced with another plant; however, I couldn't disagree more and I actually see this trend continuing to grow and be used in interior design. Some wonderful examples are:

Interior designer, Emily Henderson, styled Nicolette Mason's new home, and I love how the Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree adds to brightening up this living room space. (See full article here)

Bright_Regency_Green_Pink_Hollywood_Living_Room
//via//


Oh and who can  forget the InStyle spread on Lauren Conrad's Beverly Hills Penthouse. I absolutely love everything about this room. The neutral soft color palette (which is totally my style) with the beautiful green from the Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree is just gorgeous with this palette. I'm a huge fan of her style, always on point!

Inside Lauren Conrad's Beverly Hills Penthouse - The Fireplace from InStyle.com:
//via//

One of my favorite interior designers is Amber Lewis, her before and afters are the greatest thing on the internet (in my opinion) right after "Doug the Pug" haha. I would love to have her design my whole house. Just look at how she styled this clients bathroom, so simple yet so functional and drop dead gorgeous. I love an all white bathroom and this pop of green is just awesome!

//via//

Here is another use of the Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree she did for a client in a living room. 

//via//

Amber Interiors - Client Freakin Fabulous - Neustadt 7
//via//

I just love pinning away on Pinterest anytime I come across a Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree. They brighten up a room so much and add character to a space. 

Here is the progress of my Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree. Ha, now keep in mind my living room is not professionally photographed and I am not an interior designer so my pictures will not come close in comparison to the beautiful photos above. 

My tree has definitely gotten taller (it is above the tv, which in the older post just came up to the top of the tv), but I have trimmed it up a bit so it doesn't look as full, but I prefer the taller and less fuller look. I have been sticking to watering it once a week, but I will check every other day by sticking my thumb nail in to see if it is damp. In the warmer months I noticed I am watering it more, which I was told is expected, but it is still pretty easy to maintain.


Me snuggled up in the chair enjoying the view. 



Ha, this doesn't have a photo of the fig tree, but I made the lumbar Moroccan pillow so I thought I would show that off again. :) 

I was shopping around the other day in our neighborhood and came across the cute shop with this little Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree. 




Signature photo Signiture_zps5dfab27f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment