Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day Dreaming Up A Master Bedroom Redo...

I have talked previously on the blog about "day dreaming" up plans/ideas for our house, like an all white kitchen, which we completed phase 1 on our kitchen, getting us closer to the all white look and open feel. The room, other than the kitchen, that I think the most about is our master suite, you can see some current pictures under the Prince Tour tab and/or on my instagram feed. 

We are very fortunate to have a large master bedroom, which means a ton of design freedoms. Our master bathroom is dated; however, there is room for improvement, but that means that one of our walk in closets would have to go...which of course means Amos's. But because of our large space we could add a wall closet on the far wall and make it look like a built in. I'm not going to really talk about what I have in store for the master bathroom...yet, but focus on the design and look I want one day for our master bedroom. 

The very first thing that I would want to remove in the room is the blueish tile floor and replace it with real wood floor like we have in the rest of the house. However, I would want to change up the design and do a herringbone pattern, like in the pictures below. 

//via//
//via//
//via//

The next thing I would like to do is add beautiful trim work and a built in mantel, kind of like we did for the front formal living room with the bookcases. I wouldn't mind incorporating the one I have in there now, but make it look like a custom built in piece. See some more beautiful inspiration photos below of what I have in mind. 

//via//
//via//
//via//
//via//

We like our California king bed, but we would like to upgrade it to a standard king and upgrade our mattress. A new mattress means a new bed frame and I would love to have a canopy style in our space. We stayed in a beautiful hotel on the last hitch of our honeymoon in Spain, and I would love for this space and style bed to remind us of that special time we had there. More inspiration...

//via//
//via//
//via//

And last, but not least, is an idea of what we would do as far as a built in wall closet unit if we got rid of Amos's walk in closet to accommodated for the future master bathroom redo. 

//via//
//via//
//via//

Oh, and I already have this beauty ready to go for the bedroom, I just have to talk Amos into letting me get rid of another ceiling fan. He has really stuck to his guns about only letting me remove one....so far. 


//via//

What do you guys think of this inspiration mood board for our master bedroom? One day we will start the renovation process, but we have to take one day at a time and just count our lucky stars in the mean time. :) 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. i love every idea! i wish that our master bed room had enough space to add a fireplace...so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete