Sunday, December 13, 2015

First Ever Friendsgiving

I know everyone is getting ready for Christmas and finishing up last minute shopping for loved ones, but I thought I would share some pictures from my first ever Friendsgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. You get together with family and eat until you are about to pop and there are no other expectations other then just enjoying one another's company and well of course eating. 


This year was the first year our family (on my dad's side) didn't get together over the Thanksgiving break; which truth be told really bummed me out since like I mentioned Thanksgiving IS my favorite holiday. I love nothing more then going up to my grandparents lake house and seeing the sea of platters full of anything and everything a Thanksgiving meal should have. Then hanging out on their deck, hopefully if it is cold enough, around a fire pit, rubbing my full belly, haha.

I did have a lovely Thanksgiving though with my in-laws and my cousin-in-laws restaurant, which was a first and pretty cool. I do love the spicy potatoes Amos's aunt makes every year, they are soooo good. So I really can't complain because I am very fortunate to have been surrounded by loved ones and be thankful for all that I have and the amazing year I have had thus far (like getting married :)).

I feel like as we all continue to get older and families continue to grow and all our schedules are different it makes it harder and harder each year for everyone to get together; therefore, I felt it was time I try out a tradition in our household and thus was born our very first Friendsgiving. Overall it went well and I tried out new recipes, like this Shepards pie (which turned out amazing) and my mom's pizza bread she used to make every holiday when we were growing up. I don't know if I will make it a yearly tradition we will just have to wait and see. :) Happy Holiday Folks!
















No comments:

Post a Comment