Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Traveling To Balmoral Castle - A Look Back In 2011

I thought I would finally get around to sharing some travels I did that have been in my queue for well years now. I mentioned before that I lived in Scotland for three months when I was in oil and gas industry. While I was living there and the following year after the move I did quite a bit of traveling from the states to the UK and saw as much as I could while I was there. During my stay I visited  a number of castles because well they are like on every corner in the UK the way Starbucks are here, hahaha, just kidding, but there are a lot of them. One of my favorite castles was Balmoral Castle, one in which the Queen still vacations to today. If anyone has watched "The Queen" or "The Crown" there are several references to the Queen staying at Balmoral Castle. We didn't get an extensive tour on the inside due to the private quarters that are still in use today, but we got pretty much free range on the grounds, which are so grand and beautiful. Take a look at some of the pictures I was able to take of the grounds. 































No comments:

Post a Comment