Tuesday, October 15, 2019

#the1920sheightsbungalow Kitchen Update!

I was asked by one of my dear friends that I should post a before and after of our kitchen at #the1920sheightsbungalow. She was one of the few people who saw the state we bought the home in and while it wasn't horrible to me I was told that most people wouldn't be able to overlook all the "flaws." 


I didn't mention when we bought the house that there were no sinks in the home, kitchen counter-tops, and a pile of other items that were added to the "to-do" list. At times it felt overwhelming, but we finally found quality contractors whose work was quick and clean. 

Our kitchen is like 95% done. We still need to frame out the window, do some additional mechanical work, one day update the stove that is backless, and I would like to add a movable island, something like this here. What we have done has come leaps and bounds, we have:
  • Electrical
    • Rewired most of the electrical in the kitchen, this including adding outlets for the appliances and additional counter-tops
    • Added GFI's and under-cabinet lighting
    • Installed overhead sink lighting and peninsula lighting
  • Plumbing
    • Added connections for dishwasher
    • Added connections for ice-machine
    • Added sink and disposal and hook-up connections
  • Painting
    • Textured and painted the ceiling
    • Painted cabinets 
  • Counter-tops
    • Quartz from Home Depot
  • Added Subway Back-splash
  • Hardware and Lights were all purchased through Amazon

A lot of stuff, I know, but we are so happy with the results and can't wait to start cooking up some memories and entertain. So let me show you the closest angles I have side by side I could get of the before and after and other photos. 

Before Kitchen - Listing Photo

After Kitchen -Part 1

Before Kitchen - Listing Photo
After Kitchen - Phase 1

Before Photo - Listing Photo
After Kitchen - Phase 1
After Kitchen - Decor

After Kitchen - Decor

After Kitchen - Decor


No comments:

Post a Comment