Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Home Updates...It's Been A While

Hi all, it's been a while since I gave a house update and a lot has gone on. The exterior got an upgrade last year, it was such a good before and after you can see here.  This year we replaced the old front door with a new one, but kept the bungalow style. We also removed two trees on either side of the house, but kept the two large pecan trees in the back. The deck in the back has been torn down; it was so rotted at places we feared that one of us or our son would soon get injured. We need to level the house and once that step is complete we can built a new back deck. The plan is to extend the deck to the side of the house that is fenced in and maybe put french doors on the side. We love to entertain so this would really increase our exterior footprint and hosting space. An outdoor kitchen and pergola would be nice as well. Hopefully the last big exterior project for awhile would be a front fence as well so our dog Winston can enjoy the front as well. 



Other projects we have tackled are adding a lot of trim details in the back hallway, kitchen, and guest bedroom. I love millwork and I would love to have it everywhere. I feel like it really elevates a space. Amos and I have gotten pretty good at installing and having the right tools helps a lot, so we are starting to feel comfortable with these projects. I would like to add some new paint colors down the line, but am still on the fence on which colors to choose. 


We have added some new furniture pieces as well. I have had my eye on this island for a while now and it fits beautifully in this space. It has also increased my storage space and added additional counter seating. Even my husband really enjoys this new piece of furniture and we sit at the new island all the time. The kitchen has come such a long way since we moved in three years ago (see the before and after here). Down the road I would love to update the appliances with nicer pieces; like a panel fridge and a backless stove so it takes our kitchen to the next level. Would also love to extend the coffee area and have the upper cabinets go from the counter to the ceiling; something like this




Our master bedroom got a refresher as well. I have wanted a canopy bed for so long; especially after our honeymoon when we stayed in the most beautiful room in Spain with the most gorgeous canopy bed. So when I wake up I get a quick reminder of that beautiful time.  I also ordered this canvas piece from Etsy. They have really affordable and great art prints. 



Each bathroom got some peel and stick wallpaper. I feel like if you are on the fence on painting and not wanting a so permeant look this is a good option. I got this wallpaper in our master bathroom from Amazon. The one in the guest bedroom I got from Anthropologie; Home Depot has the same pattern (not the same color) that is cheaper and delivery is quicker.  

Master Bathroom; Wall Paper and Light Amazon, Painting DYI

Since our bedroom got an upgrade we moved our old bed frame to the guest bedroom. The old guest bedroom bed went to Harrison's room so he has a queen bed now and loves it. We added trim in this room, new wall sconces (from Amazon), new art (done by myself), and we are 80% done with a custom furniture piece we are building in this room for extra storage and a place to hold the tv. 




Guest bathroom, Wall Paper from Anthropologie, Art done by myself


Guest bathroom, Wall Paper from Anthropologie, Art done by myself




Art done by myself with old chalkboard frames from Hobby Lobby


Hall trim added and painted, art from Scout Design

Hall trim added and painted, Bear art from Scout Design, other art done by son and framed


No comments:

Post a Comment