Thursday, February 20, 2014

A New Chapter - Selling the Loft

Hello y'all! I have some bitter sweet news to share with y'all...I am selling the loft. It has been a wonderful five years and I have had so many wonderful memories there. 

I remember when I was first looking to move out of my parent's house after living there for a year from graduating college. I was initially going to look for land and build a house over an hour outside of Houston, but my mom, being the wise woman that she is said, "What is a single 23 year old girl going to do by herself out in the middle of nowhere". So she suggested I look inside of the loop in Houston, where there are lots people and many things to do. We looked together online a bit, but then saw the Kirby Lofts downtown had listings and that they had an open house all next week. We popped in during lunch the next week and I fell in love with my unit right away. It was open, spacious, and had all the upgrades already; like stainless steel appliances, wood floors, granite, a huge bathroom, not to mention a private balcony facing Main Street. So I made an offer that day, and a month later it was all mine. 

Over these last five years the loft has been an amazing outlet of self expression through design and decorations; which has become a hidden passion of mine. On top of the fact that I got to go crazy with design ideas, I have had the opportunity to explore a city that I have grown to love. 

Being in the loop means you are within 10 minutes to amazing running and bike trails, parks that hold weekly events (Discovery Green and Market Square), access to old and new bars (Okra, La Carafe, Warren's Inn, Flying Saucer, Molly's Pub, etc.), live music (House of Blues, Toyota Center, Bayou Center, Warehouse Live, etc.), all the Houston sports centers (Toyota Center, Dynamo Stadium, Minute Maid Park, access to the rail to Reliant), dining (Guadalajara, Bombay Pizza, Hearsay, Vic & Anthonys, Mortons, House of Blues, access to the underground tunnels), and the theater, ballet, and opera are all within walking distance. Having the rail run right in front of the loft meant going to Reliant for the Houston Rodeo, going to Outdoor Miller for movies, concerts, and plays, going to the Museum district, and going to Midtown to meet up with friends for drinks and dinner without ever having to drive. I even get a weekly email telling me all the wonderful things going on downtown. I have got to experience all of these things, some numerous times, that I probably never would have if I didn't live right in the middle of it. 

I also got to host some incredible get togethers/parties at the loft, Halloween, New Year's, and special dinners immediately come to my mind. This was a way to share the space with old and new friends. More memories to always cherish.   

Tears will be shed for selling the loft (my home), but I will be very happy to hopefully move into a house (not too far away from the loft) and start with a clean design palette (anticipate lots of blog posts on this), but more importantly a new beginning and home with Amos. I am excited and nervous, but can't wait to see what this next chapter in our lives hold. 




















Have a lovely day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment