Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Few Updates Around the House

I did not go all out for Fall decorations this year, but I did add a little in our formal living room with Target's new Fall collection, which I just adore. I also just recently added this really cool gold lamp, that I also got from Target, which you can purchase hereI love walking into the house and this is the first room we see. 


Amos and I continue to collect more art and we are trying to buy quality and not necessarily quantity. I recently feel in love with Gray Malin work; you can see all of his work here

The first piece I got of his is part of his "Far Far Away" Collection. This piece was a limited signed edition and I got when his online shop offered free framing. It is so vibrant and whimsical and love it in our main living room space.

I have recently purchased his "Bonjour" Effiel tower piece (I got on sale), here; and two prints from the "Marfa" series, see here and here, that I had a coupon for and I plan to put in the kitchen.  




I picked up this Tory Burch pitcher and love this addition to my ever growing kitchen serve ware collection. I am totally going through a blue period, as you can see with the blue velvet couch in the formal living room, and with all the blue and white home accessories. I especially love blue and white vases/pitches with pink flowers. So pretty!!!! 



I am still digging the white subway tile in the kitchen from our phase 1 design. I have added a few more brass pieces and just love the whole look! Yay!!




And last, but not least is our middle guest room. You might remember some photos and where I talked about it here. This room looks completely different and is not 100% complete. I am still messing around with placements and accents. It is a little too eclectic for my taste, but it is growing on me. 

We added this veneer brick paneling that we got from Home Depot, at 25 dollars a sheet, each sheet 4-ft by 8-ft. We did the two largest walls in the room with the sheets of brick and love how it looks. Amos filled in the seams and touched up the walls so it looks like each brick was placed there individually. 


I am so into woven wall art. I think it looks great with the brick. I got the longer and skinnier one from Urban Outfitters, here; and the other one at Target from one of Nate Berkus's collections. 


I picked up these vintage banners for Amos and I think they will go nicely in the middle guest room as well. 


Hope you like these little additions that I am making to our home and y'all have a great week!

Signature photo Signiture_zps5dfab27f.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Loooove those woven wall hangings! And my goodness, those book shelves are dreamy.

    xo
    MacKensie
    www.onetonothin.com

    ReplyDelete