Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Big Announcement!!!

Our family of three (including our pup Winston) is going to grow to a family of four! Amos and I couldn't be more excited and scared all at the same time. This means that Winston is being promoted to big brother and that our Baby Pardo will be rockin' and rollin' in our lives early 2017!






THE GENDER REVEAL!

Amos and I chose to do the blood test that are offered in early pregnancy and therefore we were able to know the sex quite early on. I had the sealed envelope for about a week and it took a lot of self control not to take a peak, but I knew I wanted to find out at the same time as Amos. We decided to keep our initial reveal small and just include our immediate families. This was a hard decision, but I knew with the time frame I was working with and trying to pinch our pennies to prep for this baby that a big reveal party just wasn't that practical. 

Now the few of our friends and family that have known about our pregnancy before our social announcement knew that I was going crazy with trying all of these old wives tales about figuring out the sex of the baby. All of the results pointed to a girl so I was sure that was what I was having. So needless to say our families were easily as eager to know the sex as we were. 

This was a last minute get together and I couldn't wait another week without knowing the sex so getting a cake made wasn't really an option for me. I decided to use my improvising skills and I bought pink and blue icing and had a close friend ice the middle of these two cheese cakes I bought. I made a flower topper with real and fake flowers the night before. The overall look was simple yet pretty so I was happy with it.  

So as Amos and I cut into the cake I was in complete shock to see that the results were a BOY! I was so certain it was going to be a girl. I still don't think it has sunk in that we are having a boy, but we are so happy and this just means that I have to start preparing myself of having a house full of boys, haha!




Oh and the question that usually follows after knowing the sex is have you thought of names. Yes we have and we are not 100% sure on the full name yet, but we know it will include family names and have meaning to both Amos and I. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Can't wait to read about your new adventure and to see what you do with the nursery! You have such great style and I'm sure the nursery will be spectacular! Congrats to you, Amos & WinstonthePup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!!! Ha, I have already started to go into brainstorming with the decor for the baby room. It is easier since we know the sex. :) Have a wonderful week!

      Delete