As I continue to get bigger and bigger and further along in this pregnancy I have been in full "go" mode to get things together for the baby room and really anything baby related. Plus it helps that I have more energy now than I did in my first trimester and in the beginning of my second trimester. I am almost complete with the nursery, I just have very small details to finish up and then I can share with y'all the full reveal, which I am dying to do because this room is my new favorite room in the house. In the meantime I will share with y'all my progress (from my last post see here) and some sneak peak photos.
Nursery To Do List:
Clear out furniture that is not staying in the room (This was everything except the "futon".- Complete Paint the non-brick walls white.- Complete Buy the crib and assemble it.- Complete (We were gifted this crib) Get a crib mattress and cute accessories.- Complete (I purchased these quilts, see here and here, and this swaddle blanket set, see here) Buy a glider/rocker & small dresser with changing table.- Complete (We bought this dresser and were gifted this glider) Get artwork framed and hung. (Here is a photo I took of some of the artwork we got at an art festival earlier this year here that I plan to use in the room.)- Complete (I bought a couple more cute pieces from etsy see here and here)
uy acrylic book frames and hang.- Complete (I found a cheaper version of the acrylic shelves, see here)
- Make a feather mobile. (I am loving these here, here, and here.)
Maybe replace curtains and the rug? I will have to see once more artwork and furniture is in the room. -Complete (With the new pillows the rug looks perfect in the room, but I did end up switching out the curtains with ones I already had)
- Figure out how I am going to organize and design the closet space for baby clothes.
Buy changing pad with pad covers- Complete (I bought this pad and these covers)
- We have so many record players and records that I put one of our record players on an acrylic cart I have (see here) in the baby room and I would like to listen to records with the baby, however I need to get a speaker for it still.
Some other big items that I have been tackling that aren't related to the baby room are:
- Get guest list together for the few baby showers I will be having (One of the showers will be hosted at our house and I will have to share a post on the theme inspiration for that one, but a hint think Bohemian, ha much like the baby's room)
- Start baby registries and go through registry checklists. I have pretty much finished this up with all the essentials and must haves.
- Calling my insurance and getting all my ducks in a row before and after this baby is born and also what all is covered. Found out they will cover the breast pump 100%, so I went ahead and purchased one, see here.
- I need to look into educational classes offered and sign up, like "Baby Care Basics", "Breastfeeding", "Child Birthing", etc.
- Catch up on my baby reading material
- My mother-n-law is amazing at crocheting so I have been giving her more ideas of cute baby beanies and outfits, expect a post about this soon. She has already done a few great pieces for us.