Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Prince Project Updates - Hallway

This past weekend got us a step closer to finishing up the hallway and front guest bedroom. If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen a few glimpses of the hallway painted up with trim and frames. 



The hallway was originally the same cream color that the whole house is painted and didn't have chair rail; which we added. (Hopefully for the final reveal I will have found a good "before" picture.) I knew I wanted a two toned hallway once we added the chair railing. I was originally picturing a light grey on top with the original trim color on bottom. Amos and I played around and decided to go with a dark blueish grey color instead. Amos is not in love with it and it continues to grow on me. I am trying to get on a bold color kick and try to get out of my neutrals comfort zone. We will see overtime if it stays or goes. 

We still have a few more touch ups and I would like to find a new light fixture as well. I am still playing around with a few layouts of the frames and whether or not I will add more and/or play with the sizes of the photos. Right now we are just using the 4" x 6" photos from our old travel wall in the loft. The silver frames I have had and since half of the frames where for 5" x 7" and the other 8" x 10", I just added extra matting to fit the 4" x 6" photos until I figure out if I want to increase the photo size to match the original matting. So hopefully by the end of next week I will have a final reveal of the hallway and maybe (fingers crossed) the guest bedroom. 

So in the mean time I will give y'all a glimpse of the hallway (not the best quality taken with my phone) and some light ideas I have. Enjoy!


//via//

//via//

//via//


No comments:

Post a Comment